Directions to The Centre for Bib & T-shirt Pickup
From I-90, Exit to southbound Route 31:
Take Route 31 south into Elgin. For The Centre parking deck: Turn left onto Kimball Street. You will cross the bridge over the Fox River. Parking is on the right at the corner of Kimball Street and Grove Avenue. Turn right on Grove Avenue and follow the road as it turns left onto Symphony Way. After the stop sign, turn right to park in The Centre parking deck. For the Civic Plaza parking lot: Keep south on Route 31 and take a left onto Chicago Street. Follow Chicago Street east and turn left on Grove Avenue. Cross over Highland Avenue and turn right into the parking lot.
From Route 20:
Exit Route 20 at Route 31(State Street) northbound. Head north on Route 31 and turn right on Chicago Street. Head east on Chicago street and turn left on Grove Avenue. Cross over Highland Avenue and turn right into the parking lot.
The city of Elgin is on the Milwaukee District-West (MD-W) Metra line. Click for scheduling information. The city is also served by Pace Suburban bus services. Click here for information on routes and timetables.
The city of Elgin has several free parking lots within a few minutes’ walk of the start/finish line. Free parking options are available at Symphony Way & Douglas Avenue, Douglas Avenue & Highland Avenue, Chicago Street & Spring Street, Prairie Street & Fulton Avenue, as well as at Grove Avenue & Kimball Street. Click here a parking map.
In the mood for celebrating after the race? There’s plenty in store at the post-event party!
- Enjoy live music from 8:15am until 11am
- Beer, coffee, juice and food will be available for purchase (remember: those over 21 participating in the 5K, 10K and 10 mile race get one free beer coupon on their race bib)
- Recover from the run with free water, sports drinks, bagels and fruit in the post-party zone
- Local community groups will be offering fun family activities and raffles.
- Meet with our event sponsors and pick up great deals and coupons